How do I purchase Gift Cards in bulk?
Sobeys Inc. Gift Cards can be conveniently purchased in bulk by visiting our ordering website and completing a few simple steps. If you are new to the site, you will have to create an account by providing some basic information. If you already have an account, just log in with your email and password.
Can I purchase electronic Gift Cards in bulk?
Yes, once you have created an account, you can choose to buy e-Gift Cards (digital Gift Cards) or physical (plastic) Gift Cards in bulk via the website.
What are the steps to create an account? How long does it take?
Go to the Bulk Gift Card Orders website at sobeysincgiftcards.com, then:
- Enter your name, business email, business phone number, and create a password
- Review the website terms and conditions and accept
- You will receive a confirmation email to the email address you've provided. Please confirm your email address by clicking on the link provided
- When you receive an email confirmation that your account is created, please return to provide a few additional details
- It will take 2 - 3 days for your account to be approved
Can I draft my order while I wait for my account to be created?
Yes, orders can be drafted in advance. However, once an account has been approved, you will have to log in to submit it for fulfilment.
Do I get a discount for a bulk order?
Yes. When you purchase Gift Cards exceeding specific dollar amounts, you will be entitled to a discount. This discount is applied at the time of your order. Please note that discount rates are subject to change without notice.
How do I know the discount for my order?
Discount is applied per order on the total value of each order, according to the discount schedule below:
- 0% discount for orders less than $1,999
- 2% discount for orders between $2,000 and $4,999
- 5% discount for orders between $5,000 and $19,999
- 6% discount for order over $20,000
Note that discount rates are subject to change without notice.
Is there a limit to how many orders I can place?
There is no limit to how many orders you place. Discounts are applied per order only and are not cumulative. Sobeys reserves the right to limit annual purchases.
Is there a minimum quantity which I need to buy to place a bulk order?
For physical bulk orders, the minimum value of the order must be $500, preferably with a minimum of 10 gift cards per denomination.
For bulk e- Gift Cards the minimum value of the order must be $500.
What denominations are available for purchase?
Physical Gift Cards are available in denominations of $10, $25, $50, $100, $250 and variables from $5 to $500. Note: Gift Card envelopes are not included.
e-Gift Cards are available in denominations of $10, $25, $50, $100, and $250.
How long will it take to receive my bulk Gift Card order?
Physical Gift Cards: Depending on your location, the turnaround time is 3 - 7 business days from the day the order is placed. Gift Cards are shipped on a first in, first out basis. We are unable to prioritize any order. The sooner we receive your order, the sooner we can ship you the Cards.
e-Gift Cards: e-Gift Cards will be available to download in 2 - 5 business days from the day the payment is received.
What are my payment options?
Physical Gift Cards:
New customers :
- New customers will be required to process three initial orders with payment via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), Certified Cheque, Bank Draft, or Money Order
- Cards will be activated after payment is cleared by the bank
- New customers may use the payment and pick-up option at a store location only if paying via Chip & PIN Debit Card. Credit cards will not be accepted
Existing customers :
- Existing customers may use the payment and pick-up option at store locations, with payment via Certified Cheque, Bank Draft, chip & PIN Credit or chip & PIN Debit Card
- Existing customers may also have their orders shipped direct with payment via EFT
Gift Cards or personal cheques cannot be accepted as payment for bulk Gift Card orders.
- Payment is accepted via wire transfer or electronic funds transfer (EFT). The information required to complete both types of payment can be found in your order confirmation email and by logging in to your account and choosing the order in Your Orders.
Can I pick up my physical Gift Card order from a store?
Yes. If you are an existing customer and wish to have your order shipped to your local store for pick up, simply choose the store location you prefer. You can follow your package's delivery to store with the tracking number which will be emailed to you with invoice. Gift Card orders are available for pick up at the store’s front office. Identification is required at the time of pick up that matches the name on the invoice.
How will my Gift Cards be delivered?
Physical Gift Cards: You have a choice to either pick up the order at the store selected or receive it at your office location. For store pickup, choose the store and address.
For delivery to your office, provide your complete street address (P.O. Boxes cannot be used). Packages are delivered by Xpresspost and must be signed for when delivered.
e-Gift cards: You will be sent an email when your order is ready for download. To access your file, click on the link in your email and login to your account. You will be able to access the file for 24 hours after your first download.
What if I have trouble downloading my e- Gift Cards?
Please send an email to email@example.com for assistance with any issues.
Are the Gift Cards sent to me activated?
Physical gift cards: No. For security purposes, Cards are shipped inactive. To activate the Cards once received, a request MUST be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the invoice number for your order. Activation will take place within one business day of the request being made. These Cards cannot be used until they are activated.
e-Gift cards: Yes, once downloaded, your e- Gift Cards are ready for immediate use.
My Gift Card order hasn’t been delivered yet. What should I do?
Physical Gift Cards: Orders take between 4-7 business days to ship. Once shipped, you will receive a tracking number for the order. If you have received a tracking number, please log onto the Canada Post website and check the status of your order. Please note the Canada Post link is included in your shipment confirmation e-mail. If it has been over 7 business days, please email email@example.com for follow-up.
e-Gift Cards: You will receive an email after payment is processed and when your order is ready for download. Please check your junk email to ensure you haven't missed it. If you do not receive an email within 5 business days, you may want to login to check on the status of your order in Your Orders. Alternatively, you can send an email to
What if the Gift Cards are stolen or lost?
Once delivered and activated, neither Sobeys nor UGO Mobile Solutions will be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged Cards. Gift Cards will not be replaced. There are no refunds or returns for unused portions of Gift Card orders.
Where can I use Gift Card?
Cards ordered through the bulk program can be redeemed across Canada in all Sobeys bannered grocery stores .
- Cards can be redeemed at Sobeys, IGA, IGA Extra, Foodland, Safeway, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Rachelle-Béry, Les Marchés Tradition, Lawtons Drugs, Needs and Atlantic Fast Fuel locations across Canada.
- Sobeys gift cards are accepted only in these IGA locations in B.C (1) 4823 – 50 Avenue , Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 (2) 5001 – 50 Avenue, Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0 (3) 624-9 Avenue North, Golden, BC VOA 1HO
- Cards can be used for all in-store purchases except :
- another Corporate Gift Card (grocery, fuel or liquor) to buy liquor or fuel in the western provinces
- to buy third-party gift cards in any Sobeys Express and Fast Fuel Needs locations, stores in Quebec or Thrifty Foods stores in British Columbia
- or as prohibited by law
How are the Gift Cards used?
- Gift Card have a declining balance that can be used over several shopping trips until there is no value left on the card.
- Gift Cards may only be used to purchase merchandise at our stores and are not valid towards the purchase of other corporate Gift Cards.
- Gift Cards ordered through the bulk program cannot be used for buying liquor or fuel in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba
- Corporate Gift Cards cannot be used to buy third-party gift cards in stores in Quebec or Thrifty Foods stores in British Columbia
I entered the delivery email address or physical address incorrectly. How can I fix it?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How can I reload my Gift Card?
Visit your nearest store to reload your physical Gift Cards. e- Gift Cards cannot be reloaded.
How do I check my Gift Card balance?
A cashier at your nearest store will be happy to check the balance on your Card. You can also call the number provided on the gift card. Keep your 16-digit card number and PIN handy as both will be required.
Do gift Cards expire? Is any fee charged with Gift Cards?
Once activated, Gift Cards never expire. There is no fee for activation, redemption, reload or inactivity.
Are the Gift Cards redeemable for cash?
No. Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash except where required by law.
Can I use the Safeway Gift Cards’ images when I buy bulk Gift Cards?
Use of Safeway trade-marks, which includes the Gift Card image, is strictly prohibited without prior written consent.