- Prep Time
- 5 mins
- Total Time
- 25 mins
- small loaf sourdough or country-style bread
- olive oil for drizzling
- 6 oz
- ham steak, about 1/4-in. (5-mm) thick
- 175 g
- 1 pkg
- halloumi cheese, cut in 1/4-in. (5-mm) slices
- 250 g
- large field tomatoes, washed, sliced
- 8 cups
- field greens or baby arugula (about 5 oz/150 g)
- 2 L
- 1/4 cup
- English salad cream dressing or other creamy-style dressing
- 60 mL
- onion jam or chutney, honey mustard and pickles to serve (optional)
Cut bread into thick slices and drizzle both sides with olive oil. Place bread on barbecue preheated to medium and grill until toasted and slightly charred, about 2 min. per side. Transfer to platter.
Place ham steaks on grill and cook until juicy and grill-marked, about 4 min. per side. Meanwhile place cheese slices on plate and drizzle both sides with olive oil. Place cheese on barbecue and grill about 2 min. on first side – or until a crust develops on bottom – flip and grill about another 2 min. Transfer ham and cheese to platter. Add tomato slices.
In a large bowl, toss field greens and English salad cream dressing to coat. Serve greens alongside platter, plus chutney and pickles, if using.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.