SAFEWAY MY CFL FAMILY CONTEST 2022
The Contest is open only to legal residents of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Northern Ontario* (the "Participating Provinces") who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence on the date that they entered the Contest. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, directors, officers, representatives, agents of Sobeys Capital Incorporated (the "Sponsor" and/or the "Administrator", as applicable), CFL Ventures (the "CFL") and its general partners, affiliates and related group of entities and each of their respective parent companies, general partners, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, distributors, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies, agents, sponsors, and any entity that they contract with specific to the Contest, as well as the immediate family members, and any persons domiciled with any of the above (whether related or not), are not eligible to win a Prize.
* for the purposes of this Contest "Northern Ontario" will be defined as residences within 100km of one of the participating Safeway store locations in Ontario.
2. Contest Period
The "Safeway My CFL Family" Contest (the "Contest") will run from 12:00am MST on August 18th, 2022 until 11:59pm MST on September 21st, 2022 (the "Contest Period").
3. How to Enter without Purchase
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest without making a purchase, visit the Contest website during the Contest Period. The Contest website can be found at the following link: Safeway.ca/myCFLfamily (the "Contest Website").
- Earn one (1) entry by filling out an online registration form, including but not limited to your first and last name, valid email address and postal code. Limit of one (1) entry per e-mail address.
- Earn one (1) bonus entry when you click the opt-in box and subscribe to receive Sobeys emails (optional). Limit of one (1) entry per e-mail address.
- Earn additional bonus entries by playing Tic Tac Touchdown (the "Game") at Safeway.ca/myCFLfamily: one (1) bonus entry earned for playing the Game, three (3) bonus entires earned for winning the Game. Game can only be played once daily.
To be eligible, entrants must read, accept and comply with these Contest Rules, and entries must be submitted and received within the Contest Period. All eligible entries received, including bonus entries, will be cumulatively entered for the Draw.
The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries (all of which are void).
4. Grand Prize Description
There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won. The Grand Prize consists of four (4) tickets to the 109th CFL Grey Cup held in Regina, SK on November 20, 2022, including round-trip coach airfare for four (4) from the airport nearest to the winner's residence in Canada, accommodation for four (4) (3 nights, 1 room, double occupancy), ground transportation for four (4) to and from the hotel to the game, select merchandise from the team of your choice, and an exclusive pre-game VIP experience for four (4) (the "Grand Prize"). The approximate retail value for each Grand Prize is $9,000 (CAD) based on a departure from Toronto, Ontario.
The following conditions apply:
- The Grand Prize has no equivalent cash value, is non-transferable and no substitutions will be made. Grand Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Grand Prize or portion thereof for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
- All fees or expenses other than those expressly mentioned above are your responsibility, including, but not limited to, transportation to and from the airport and events or activities, meals, beverages (alcoholic or not), gratuities and taxes, insurance, fuel, maintenance fees, vehicle rental fees or insurance, fees related to any infraction, internet access fees, movie rental fees, mini-bar fees, room service, local and long distance phone calls, security deposit at the hotel, expenses of a personal nature, and travel documents.
- Hotel may require you or your travel companions to submit a major credit card in good standing at the time of registration, otherwise hotel may require a cash deposit.
- The choice and location of the hotel are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Due to the nature of the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize must be enjoyed on the scheduled date. The Grand Prize cannot be rescheduled or substituted.
- You and your travel companions must travel together.
- If a portion of the Grand Prize is not used, no compensation will be awarded.
- Both you and your travel companions, or parents or legal guardians in the case of all minors, must sign the Sponsor's release form (the "Release"), including release of the all of the Released Parties, in order to receive and participate in the Grand Prize.
- In the event that, in the Sponsor's opinion, the distance between the location of your residence and the Grand Prize destination does not justify airfare transportation, the Sponsor reserves the right to choose a different means of transportation, at its sole discretion.
- Both you and your travel companions must be able to travel within Canada and be physically able to participate in the Prize.
- You must correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question.
- By entering this Contest and accepting the Grand Prize, the prize winner agrees to maintain his/her behaviour in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Contest or prize-related activity, including at the 109th Grey Cup game. The prize winner understands and agrees that Sponsor or prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove him/her and their guests from any activity at any time if the winner's or the guests' behaviour at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of any Released Parties or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers, and in such a case, the prize winner will still be solely responsible for all expenses related to the Grand Prize.
- In connection with attendance at the 109th Grey Cup game, the prize winner agrees that CFL policies, provincial/federal guidelines and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. In addition, the prize winner and guests should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before and after travel (if applicable). Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and the Released Parties cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
5. Secondary Prize Description
There are one hundred (100) secondary prizes available to be won. Each secondary prize consists of CFL branded merchandise valued at $25.00 CAD (each a "Secondary Prize, together with the Grand Prize, the "Prize(s)").
The following conditions apply:
- The Secondary Prize has no equivalent cash value, is non-transferable and no substitutions will be made. The Secondary Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Secondary Prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. You are responsible for all costs not expressly described as being included as part of the Secondary Prize, such as any fee associated with the receipt and/or use of the Secondary Prize.
- You must correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question.
- You, or parents or legal guardians in the case of all minors, must sign the Sponsor's release form (the "Release"), including release of the all of the Released Parties, in order to receive and participate in the Secondary Prize.
The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any aspect of a Prize. Neither a confirmed winner nor any other person or entity will be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event contemplated herein.
None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of a Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties should his/her Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory.
The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the entire Contest Period.
8. Draw Details
Random draws will occur by a representative of the Administrator on ●, 2022 from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period (a "Draw"). You do not need to be in attendance to be selected. You will only be eligible to win one (1) Secondary Prize.
9. Winner Contact Details
If you are chosen to be eligible to win a Prize, you will be contacted within five (5) business days of the Draw by telephone number or email address using the contact information that was submitted in the entry. In order to be declared a winner, you must produce a piece of government-issued photo identification for the purpose of identity verification. You must then correctly answer without assistance a mathematical skill testing question and sign a Release form (the "Release"). Upon verification of the completion and correctness of the answer to the skill-testing question, and execution of the Release, you may be declared a winner. In case of a dispute concerning the identity of the individual who submitted an online entry with email, the entrant will be deemed to be the account holder of the email address under which the entry was submitted.
10. Forfeit of Prize
If you cannot be reached within five (5) business days of our first attempt to contact you, do not answer the skill testing question correctly, or otherwise fail to comply with these Contest Rules, then the Prize will be forfeited and time permitting, another entry will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries as per these Contest Rules. This process of selecting a Prize winner will be repeated until all Prizes eligible to be won have been awarded.
11. Use of Personal Information
By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing your personal information as described in these Contest Rules, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure by the Administrator, and its respective employees and/or authorized agents, of your personal information, for the purpose of administering the Contest, including-but not limited to-contacting you with respect to the Contest if you are a selected entrant. Personally identifiable information will only be used to administer the Contest and for no other purpose, except as specifically outlined in these Contest Rules. Personally identifiable information will not be sold, shared or disclosed by the Administrator to any third party, other than to a third party engaged by the Administrator for the purpose of administering the Contest, or if required by law with the exception that aggregated information may be used by or shared amongst the Administrator and its subsidiaries and affiliates, or shared by the Administrator with third parties in accordance with our Privacy Commitment available at https://www.sobeys.com/en/privacy-policy.
12. Publicity Consent
By entering the Contest, you agree that if you are determined to be a winner, the Administrator and the Sponsor may use your name, comments, voice, likeness, municipality of residence and picture in any advertising, promotion or publicity carried out now or in the future, in any media without compensation or notice, and you grant to the Administrator and the Sponsor any and all rights to such use. You agree to cooperate with the Administrator and the Sponsor in arranging for photographs or other forms of publicity and to be available for photographs or other forms of publicity on reasonable notice.
13. Limitation of Liability / Release
By participating in the Contest, and as a condition of acceptance of the Prize, you, your heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, release and forever discharge and hold harmless CFL Ventures, member clubs of the Canadian Football League, Sobeys Capital Incorporated, and each of their respective direct and indirect parent companies, general partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, related entities, successors, assigns, agents, advisors, franchisees, shareholders, partners, representatives, their advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all losses, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages), rights, claims, actions, causes of action, personal injury, property damage or death, including without limitation all costs and liabilities of any kind including legal fees on a substantial indemnity scale, hereinafter called "Claims" and including without limitation any claims arising from any act of negligence of the Released Parties, that you now have, or may hereafter have against the Released Parties directly or indirectly resulting or arising from: (i) participation in the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse or enjoyment of any Prize, and where applicable, traveling to, preparing for, or participating in, any Contest-related or Prize-related event or activity; or (ii) the publicity rights granted to the Sponsor; or (iii) the use of your entry; or (iv) any use, collection, storage and disclosure of any personal information. You specifically acknowledge that you understand that there may be serious risks of bodily injury, death, or property damage associated with the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize and attendance at any event or participation in certain Prize-related activities, and you voluntarily assume these risks. You also agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all Claims in respect of the foregoing.
14. Compliance with Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to abide by the entire Contest Rules and the terms and conditions under which the Prizes are awarded. Any decision made by the Sponsor in respect of this Contest shall be final.
15. Technical Issues
The Released Parties are not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry), nor for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest, nor for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; and, are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone or network lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website or on account of any combination of the foregoing; and are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer related injury or damage resulting from participating in downloading materials in this Contest.
In the event that, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error of any kind or nature whatsoever, more Prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Contest Rules, Prizes will stop being awarded when the Administrator becomes aware of an error respecting the number of Prizes and the Administrator reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved Prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised Prizes. In no event will the Sponsor or Administrator be liable for more than the stated number of Prizes contained in these Contest Rules.
16. Rights to Terminate/Modify/Suspend Contest
The Administrator retains the right, in its absolute discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate any aspect of the Contest (including, but not limited to these Contest Rules) at any time. The Administrator may make substitutions of equivalent kind or value in the event of the unavailability of a Prize (or component thereof) for any reason whatsoever. The Administrator may terminate or withdraw this Contest at any time by posting a notice on the Contest Website. If the Contest is terminated on any day prior to the normal Contest end date (the "Termination Date"), the Administrator and Sponsor may determine the winners from all eligible entries received as of 11:59pm on the Termination Date (which winners shall be randomly selected in accordance with these Contest Rules).
17. General Disqualification
Any attempt made by an entrant or other individual or entity, to deliberately damage, manipulate or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of the law. The Sponsor reserve the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual or entity which makes any such attempt. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Administrator, is determined to be engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be immediately disqualified from the Contest.
18. The Contest Rules Prevail
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of the Sponsor, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
19. Role of Parties
CFL Ventures is not responsible for the sponsorship or administration of this Contest.
Sobeys Capital Incorporated is the Sponsor and Administrator of this Contest.
All Trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
By entering the Contest, you are not granted and may not use any Trade-marks described herein.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
The Contest is governed by the laws of Alberta and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. By entering the Contest, you agree that the courts of Alberta, Canada shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provision of this Contest's Rules or the running of this Contest.