- Marinate Time
- 20 mins
- Prep Time
- 15 mins
- Total Time
- 35 mins
- 1 pound
- mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- onion, chopped
- 1 can
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 14.5 ounces
- 2 packages
- refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough
- 8 ounces each
- Compliments Unbleached Flour
- 1 cup
- Finely Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Step 2
- In a 12-inch nonstick frying pan, combine sausage and onion over medium high heat. Stir often, breaking up meat into bite-sized pieces, until well browned, 5-7 minutes. Drain off and discard fat.
- Step 3
- Add drained tomatoes to pan and mix well.
- Step 4
- Open packages of dough; separate dough into individual pieces. For each calzone, gently knead 2 pieces of dough together (you will have 8 sections of dough total). On a lightly floured board with a rolling pin, roll each piece of dough out into a 7-inch round.
- Step 5
- Spoon 1/8 of the sausage mixture onto each round. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold dough over filling and bring edges together; pinch edges tightly together to seal.
- Step 6
- Transfer filled dough to a baking sheet. Bake until calzone are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Healthier Alternative: For a lower fat alternative, use Reduced Fat Crescent Roll Dough, turkey Italian sausage, and 2% Milk Mozzarella.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.