- Prep Time
- 10 mins
- Total Time
- 35 mins
- 1/2 pkg
- vermicelli rice noodles
- 113 g
- 2 tbsp
- hoisin sauce
- 30 mL
- 1 pkg
- frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, tails removed
- 340 g
- 8-in. (20-cm) rice wrapper rounds
- carrot, coarsely grated
- English cucumber, sliced into thin 2-in. (5-cm) sticks
- mango, peeled, sliced into long thin wedges
- 1 cup
- loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 250 mL
- Step 1
- In a large bowl, soak vermicelli rice noodles in cold water for 15 min. Drain well and mix in hoisin sauce. Set aside. Pat shrimp dry with paper towel. Slice shrimp in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Step 2
- Immerse 1 rice wrapper at a time in large bowl of cold water and let stand until soft, about 2 min. Smooth out softened rice paper round on work surface.
- Step 3
- Lay 4 pieces of shrimp in a row in centre of rice wrapper, leaving about 1 1/2 in. (4 cm) space at both ends. Top shrimp with 1/2 cup (125 mL) noodles, 1 tbsp (15 mL) carrot, 2 or 3 cucumber sticks, 2 mango wedges and a few mint leaves.
- Step 4
- Fold edge of rice wrapper nearest to you over filling, tucking in filling as tightly as possible. Fold in both "ends" of the wrapper to seal in filling, continue to roll tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
Can’t find rice wrapper rounds? Substitute small flour tortillas or Boston lettuce leaves.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.