- Prep Time
- 10 mins
- Total Time
- 25 mins
- large white-skinned potatoes, cut in 1/2-in. (1-cm) cubes
- 2 tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 30 mL
- 3 oz
- Montreal smoked meat, finely chopped
- 90 g
- green pepper, seeded and finely diced
- shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 mL
- green onions, thinly sliced salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Place cubed potatoes in saucepan of water and bring to boil until potato is just tender but still firm, about 5 min. Drain well and cool to room temperature.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile bring another saucepan of water to simmer (for poaching eggs later).
- Step 3
- Also, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in potatoes, smoked meat, green pepper, shallot and paprika; cook 3 to 5 min. Season with salt and pepper. Keep hash warm on lowest heat.
- Step 4
- Poach eggs in saucepan of simmering water to desired doneness. Plate hash and top each serving with a poached egg. Garnish with green onion.
Instead of Montreal smoked beef, use pastrami or corned beef. Add 1/2 tsp (2 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary to the hash as it cooks.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.