- Prep Time
- 5 mins
- Total Time
- 30 mins
- 6 cups
- Compliments Chicken or Beef Broth
- 1 cup
- dry polenta
- 1 tbsp
- Sensations Extra Virgin 100% Olive Oil
- onion, chopped
- 1 package
- sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- mild Italian sausages
- 1 1/4 pounds
- 1 cup
- Sensations Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- Step 1
- In a 5 to 6-quart pan, bring broth to a boil over high heat.
- Step 2
- Whisking constantly,gradually add polenta; whisk until smooth.
- Step 3
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer,stirring often, until polenta is thickened and smooth, 15-20 minutes. (Use a long handle spoon or whisk to avoid burns while stirring, as polenta spatters a bit.)
- Step 4
- While polenta simmers, pour oil into a 12 to 14-inch nonstick frying pan.
- Step 5
- Add onion and mushrooms, and then arrange sausages on top of vegetables.
- Step 6
- Cover pan and cook over medium-high heat without stirring until mushrooms exude juices, 7-10 minutes.
- Step 7
- Uncover pan and cook, stirring mushrooms and turning sausages often, until all is well browned and sausages are no longer pink in center (cut to test), about 10 minutes more.
- Step 8
- Stir cheese into polenta until smoothly melted.
- Step 9
- To serve, spoon portions of polenta onto plates and top with equal amounts for sausage and mushroom mixture.
If you are watching your fat and sodium intake, substitute turkey Italian sausage and use Compliments Reduced Sodium Broth
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.