- Prep Time
- 5 mins
- Total Time
- 25 mins
- pounds salmon fillets, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 2 tbsp
- sesame oil
- 1 tbsp
- Compliments Soya Sauce
- 2/3 cup
- Lucerne® Whipping Cream
- 1–2 tbsp
- wasabi paste
- Step 1
- Preheat a gas or charcoal barbecue grill to high heat.
- Step 2
- In a small bowl, mix together sesame oil and soy sauce until well blended.
- Step 3
- Place salmon on a sheet of foil.
- Step 4
- Brush tops of fillets with soy mixture.
- Step 5
- Place salmon on foil over heat.
- Step 6
- Close lid (open vents if using a charcoal grill) and cook until salmon is no longer translucent but still moist-looking in center (cut to test), about 15-20 minutes.
- Step 7
- While salmon cooks, whisk together cream and wasabi to taste in a small frying pan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and whisk until very thick and reduced to 1/3-1/2 cup.
- Step 8
- Keep warm.
- Step 9
- When salmon is done, slide a spatula between skin and meat and transfer fillets to a serving platter, leaving skin on foil.
- Step 10
- Drizzle salmon to taste with wasabi cream and serve immediately.
What to do with Wasabi: Prepared wasabi paste will keep in the refrigerator for several months. Try whisking it into mayonnaise for a zesty sandwich spread or blending it into vinaigrette to toss with crunchy shredded cabbage for an Asian-inspired coleslaw.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.